The Commission on Higher Education has announced its newest scholarship program for college students and the application is now ongoing.
This scholarship program is called Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs) which is offered to incoming freshmen and college level students for the School Year 2019-2020.
StuFAPs aims to provide financial assistance to students enrolled in authorized public and private Higher Education Institutions. This programs is also designed to ensure that education is accessible especially to those underprivileged but deserving students.
Qualified students should enroll or have already enrolled in various courses which are considered a priority of CHED. Qualified applicants can receive PHP 6,000 to PHP 15,000 in the form of an allowance per semester.
So, who can apply to this scholarship program by CHED?
-You must either be an incoming freshmen or a continuing college student.
Here are the qualifications:
- One must be a Filipino Citizen.
- Applicant must either be a Senior High School graduate or candidate for graduation; a passer of Senior High School through ALS or PEPT; College students (with earned units in College)
- Parents/Guardian’s gross income must not exceed PHP 300,000 in a year. If the income exceeds PHP300,000, it us up to the discretion of the CHEDRO StuFAPs Committee to decide whether to accept the application or not.
- The applicant must not be a beneficiary of any other CHED Scholarship program.
- The applicant must not be a graduate of any Bachelor’s degree.
For Incoming Freshman:
- Senior High School Graduate – photocopy of Grade 12 report card and Original Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the Principal.
- Candidate for Graduation in Senior High School – photocopy of Grade 12 report card (first semester) and Original Certificate of GWA, in percentage, from the Principal (minimum of 75% or its equivalent grade); photocopy of Grade 11 report card (1st and 2nd semesters) and Original Certificate of GWA from the Principal (not lower than 75%)
For Accreditation and Equivalency Test (ALS) Passers
- photocopy of Alternative Learning System (ALS) Accreditation and Equivalency Test Certificate/Certificate of Rating (secondary level) from the Department of Education (DepEd); and a photocopy of Diploma from DepEd.
For Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Passers
- photocopy of Certificate of Rating (secondary level) from DepEd; and photocopy of Diploma from DepEd.
For College Level Students
- photocopy of grades in all subjects from the completed semester and a Certificate of Total General Weighted Average in percentage from the Registrar.
Other requirements for all applicants:
1.Proof of Income (any of the following):
– For children of overseas Filipino workers (OFW) or seafarers, a photocopy of one of these is needed: Latest Copy of Contract or Proof of Income.
– For children of non-OFW, please submit one of these: Latest Income Tax Return (photocopy); Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue; Case study from the Department of Social Welfare and Development; Affidavit of no income; or Certificate of Indigency from the Barangay.
2. Certificate of Good Moral Character from the Guidance Counselor or Principal of the school last attended.
How to apply in the CHED Scholarship 2019?
First, make sure you fit all of the qualifications mentioned above. Second, see if your desired course is part of the list of priority courses as determined by CHED. Third, fill-up the StuFAPs Application Form 01 and fourth, submit the application along with all the documentary requirements in the nearest CHED Regional Office.
Applicants who plan to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) are required to submit their application to the respective SUCs.
CHED will be accepting all applications until the 30th of April, 2019.
For more details about this program, feel free to visit or call the Office of the Student Development and Services which is located at 3rd floor, CHED Building, CP Garcia Avenue, Quezon City with telephone number (02) 988-0001 or send them an email at [email protected]